Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Late thanksgiving wish

I meant to post this last week... sorry.

First, we want to start off by letting everyone know we hope you and your family had a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving. We are so thankful for and blessed with the wonderful friends and family we have in our lives.

We were able to have a nice quaint thanksgiving at our house this year with the Lasseigne family… and Stephen’s cousin Michael was in town for the LSU game (which we won by the way!!! Barely.) – so it was such a treat to have him over to our house.

Stephen fried his first turkey and did an awesome job (I will add a pic soon). I attempted my mom’s famous mashed potatoes for the first time… by myself (while she was visiting Mickey & Minnie in Orlando). That was the only thing I was real nervous about turning out okay. She has no real recipe, so I only called her about 20 times and they still ended up a tad runny.

The next day he got a wild hair to make turkey gumbo from the carcass (that just sounds so icky!) like Jessie Mae & Josie Mae used to do. You can tell he does not cook on real regular basis b/c he did not realize that gumbo takes 6-8 hours to make; it was good and even I ate it!

We spent most of the weekend trying to relax as I enter week 32, the start of the eighth month. Thanksgiving wore me out. I really started to recognize my limits this past weekend. Running errands won’t be the same for the next few months.

JT (the boxer) has started to really recognize that something is about to change. We catch him walking in and out of her room often. I have to wonder why he’s doing it. If only I could speak dog….

Baby Girl is doing great. She is moving around like crazy in my belly. She usually gets the hiccups the same time everyday, around 4:00. I hope she is trying to turn b/c I am starting to feel a lot more movement on my left side. I can’t figure out if is a foot or elbow, more than likely a foot. Also around bedtime, she has been doing (what feels like) rolls. It is weird b/c it seems like I can almost anticipate them coming. I think she takes a nap from about 8am-9:30 am and then again from around 3:00-4:00. Other than that I feel her on a regular basis. There have been a few nights she has woken me up, but not many.

0 comments: