Friday, October 31, 2008

A week of first's....already.....

It is not very often that after three years you get to share a "first" with your spouse. Stephen & I had the joy (well kind of) of experiencing two on Saturday (25th)!

One first started when we went and bought the furniture for the nursery!!!! It was fun, yet somewhat overwhelming. On one hand ,I was so ready to get this part over with to help satisfy the itch to get everything ready for her big day. On the other hand, all I could see was dollar signs. And Lord knows, especially with a girl, that is not going to change. You could somewhat see the humbled joy within Stephen when he was paying for/taking care of his little girl. I sat in one of their gliders and watched distantly and quietly as he worked out the details.

So... off we go, back to the house and guess who is hungry?? That would be me. I had Stephen get off at a different exit that has a weird left turn at the end of it. We both look over our right shoulder as he prepares to make a left - all clear. He proceeds in to his turn, I see something over my right shoulder and here ladies and gentlemen would be our second first. We were unfortunately in our first accident together. It was not a major and everybody was fine. Basically our front passenger panel/bumper was damaged. Of course, I freaked out mainly because I have never been involved in an accident as a passenger. And Stephen was probably more upset with himself than anything else. The rest of the afternoon we spent laying around in the bed and being thankful that we still had one another b/c it could have been a lot worse than it was! God had his hand on us, that's for sure!

I had my monthly doctors appointment on Thursday and she checked everything out and did not feel that the wreck disrupted anything. I have actually been feeling her move around a lot more, but I think the wreck flipped her b/c she is kicking in a completely different location... like my bladder. Her heart rate is great and the doctor feels I am moving along just fine. I am not real keen on the weight I've gained, but it's a part of the package.

We got our first baby gift this week!!! Stephen & I were so giddy as we were breaking in to the box. It was her Ocean Wonders Acquarium that goes on the side of her crib. Speaking of which, we will be picking up and putting together the week of Nov. 8th and this coming weekend hopefully we will finishing painting the nursery - if we can figure out this whole glazing idea we are trying to pull off..... that we can't find any information on. It is real hard to explain, so if we pull it off, i will definetly post pictures.

ALSO, this weekend I have my first shower and can't wait to see everyone. It will be so much fun! I am trying to get Stephen to attend, but we'll see.

0 comments: