Monday, October 13, 2008

No-Name Lasseigne

(You will see a few posts in a row b/c its been a few weeks.)
It’s about freakin’ time! Stephen & I finally got around to registering this weekend- however, she still does not have a name, so i've nick-named her "no-name." It was so sweet to see how involved he got with registering. Of course I had to give him the laser gun so he could scan everything. I think at one point he even said “Hey, let me do it – you get to carry her all the time.” So I would just point and he would scan.
I will say it was a little overwhelming, so many things to choose from and how do you know which one is best. I think the thing that stumped up the most was which type of bottles to choose.
We also decided on furniture (see picture below)! I am so excited. It the Metro collection by Bonoavita. We think it is great quality and will last a long time, either for her or for whenever #2 comes along.



AND we have decided on the bedding. Here is a swatch of the main fabric- it is brighter here than it actually looks. The walls will be light beige. The main color I will play off of is the red – then accenting with brown, ecru, and lime green. The turquoisy color you see is really more of a sea-foam and has been almost impossible to find stuff to match it.



My belly is really starting to stick out and I think I am starting to officially lose my waist. (check out the slide show below and you can kind of tell) She is estimated to weight a/b 24 oz, or a 1.5 pounds. It is getting a little harder for me to sit up from a reclined position. This whole gaining weight thing has been a little bit of a bummer and I am really starting to be able to tell there is more of me, especially when walking long distances or stairs.
If I could live in my tennis shoes I would! Stephen & I had to go to shoe shopping for me so I could some black flats that would accommodate a bad foot that swells pretty badly by the end of the day, no matter how much water I drink or how long I prop it up. The doctor doesn’t seem to be too concerned about it, mainly b/c it’s my bad foot anyway. She is regulating my amount of swelling by watching my right leg.

Just a few more weeks and I have my last monthly appointment, after the end of October we start our bi-weekly appointments. I am nervous about the whole process but I also can’t wait to meet her! Yes, a her that still has no name...

1 comments:

Lauren Purcell said...

So cute...I love the fabric! Hope you're doing well!