Wednesday, October 22, 2008

26 weeks - Becareful little ears what you hear...

"No-Name" is moving along and kicking around like crazy. According to my updates she should now be able to tell the difference between mine and Stephen's voices. However, Stephen & I feel she will recognize JT's voice better than she will recognize ours because he is so vocal. It is next to impossible to ask him to be quiet b/c he just talks right back. I see the good and the bad in it, I would like for her to be able to fall asleep under any condition without it being super quiet around her. I have very high hopes that I will be the kind of person that will be blowing and going, however, there is also reality...

Guess what?!! We decided on a paint color and painted the nursery this past weekend. To give you an idea the paint color name is "simplify beige." Here is a swatch:


I think we both really like it. That room gets a lot of afternoon sun and it just makes the room feel so fresh and airy. I would have liked to have gone with a bolder color but that room can seem small and we did not want to close it in any more. We are going to try a glazing effect on the walls using "branches" from the fabric pattern (shown in a previous blog). I'll let you know if it works. If not, its just paint and we can go to plan B.

SIDENOTE: Last night, Stephen & I were watching t.v. and I came across the Discovery Health show "Freebirthing." Okay, that's just weird. It's a/b pregnant women who refuse to be followed with medical treatment and would prefer an unassisted childbirth. REALLY? They followed two women through the process and luckily neither of them had any complications. I have been through way to much to be too strong willed to not ask for help or medication. More power to them, but Stephen & I were partly speechless and partly disgusted at the same time. One family cut the umbilical cord with regular scissors. I found this on wikipedia to explain why some people do this:
The reasons for choosing to give birth unassisted range greatly from mother to mother but a few key factors are common to most.

- The conviction that birth is a normal function of the female body and therefore not a medical emergency.
- The belief that most interventions commonly used by the medical profession during birth cause more harm than good in a normal birth.
- The sense that the mother will be more apt to follow the natural flow of her individual birth in an undisturbed birth setting, thus enabling her to find the optimum positions or techniques to birth her child safely.
- The understanding that birth is an intimate, sexual, and potentially orgasmic experience,[3] and that privacy is absolutely essential for the erotic dimension of birth.
- A noted increase in the feelings and ability to bond with and take responsibility for the welfare of her child.


Some have requested a picture of the "buddha belly" (as Stephen & I call it) so here it is at 26 weeks:

0 comments: