Monday, April 27, 2009

Our first sick doctor appointment...

I regret to say that my baby girl has her first sinus infection... at only 14 weeks! She sounds awful. I just want to wave a wand and make it all go away!


I finally went against Stephen's advice and took her to the doctor. Sure enough, this awful pollen has gotten to her and she was well on her way to a sinus infection, so Dr. C went ahead and treated her with antibiotics. You can tell she has allergies because the outlines of her eyes will just get bright red, she sneezes and her nose is runny. When it turned green is when I had enough.


I did learn a new trick from the nurses. When I have to use the sucker to suck her nose - to hold one nostril shut while you are sucking from the opposite side- it gets a better suction... and it works really well (especially if you combine it with saline drops). I was sucking stuff out of her nose that was probably all the way to China. She absolutely hates it, but I know she feels better afterwards.



0 comments: