Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Our little carrot!

We are officially at 21 weeks! Last weekend we were busy trying to decide on the bedding, furniture and the travel system. The only one we were able to accomplish was the travel system.

I really thought I wanted something modern and graphically cool for the bedding… then there is the whole baby pink issue. I can handle pink, but not all over her nursery. I would feel like I was stepping in to Pepto-Bismol every day. Can’t do it. She will be in plenty of precious pink outfits and skirts to make up for the lack of pink in the nursery. I kind of feel like a mom that is not keen on having a girl, but I am very excited a/b it – I’m just not a real girly-girl. I really don’t want the nursery to look real “baby” either. All that to say, the bedding is still up in the air, which drives me crazy, b/c for me, that pretty much determines the look of the entire room (excluding the furniture) – what paint colors to use, what accent colors to use- blah, blah, blah.

I guess one of these days she will have a name. Stephen was given one month from when he found out the sex to contribute any names... two weeks remain. We have a few first names and one strong possibility, but no middle name just yet. Believe you me, she will have a name before she makes her grand appearance.
According to my books, she is a/b 10 ½ inches long – the average length of a carrot.

Off the subject issues:
Last week I chaired an awareness rally at the Arkansas State Capitol for Ovarian Cancer Awareness. Afterwards, we had a survivor’s luncheon at the Governor’s Mansion. The turn out was way more than we expected, we had over 150 people in attendance. Our goal was around 80. Our prayer for next year is that we will have to move locations b/c we need more space. J It was a great success.
Also, we have a website up and running http://www.arkansasovariancancer.com/ to be a resource for women in Arkansas just diagnosed with ovarian cancer and to be a place to gather information on awareness and upcoming events- check it out.

Presentation of Survivors at rally.


Mom, Leah and myself listening to a speaker at the rally




Stephen played in his first adult league soccer game this past Sunday. I was not able to attend. Unfortunately they lost, but they have only practiced twice, so I expect better outcomes in the future. As the soccer player I was growing up, I have to admit I am a little jealous. I think that would be so much fun. However, there are some things that the foot/brace does not allow me to do and this would be one of them.
I am very proud of him for stepping out and doing something a little outside of his comfort zone. Who knows – he probably did it as a way to get away from the crazy pregnant lady at home! HA!

Here are some recent pictures of my boys...

Stephen & JT at my brothers house in Fayetteville. JT actually rode around at low speed, it was too funny!


JT Hanging out of the window. (this picture may not be reproduced in any way without permission)

0 comments: