Monday, September 8, 2008

Our big news!!


All of the family has finally been notified so it is safe to finally tell the world. We are expecting our first child. We found out last week that we are going to have a baby girl! Most importantly she is healthy. She currently weighs about 13 oz.’s which is a little on the small side, but that is what our OB prefers. With my medical history, the doc wants her to be nice and small and maybe even come early so I will have a nice natural deliver.
Stephen is very proud but I think he is more worried a/b 401k, retirement and the like… typical guy. He has been a pretty good trooper and has gone to every doctor visit with me. I think this whole pregnancy has taken both of us by surprise because it has been pretty easy. I never really had morning sickness and the only big change is my frequent consumption of food. I have not really craved anything I don’t think. I have found though, that I really like to make different dips. It makes me think I am eating something somewhat healthy as a filling snack because someone in the household does not like to eat dinner until around 8 – I’m not naming any names or anything.
This weekend we went to Babies – R – Us to narrow down our selection of various baby paraphernalia b/c Mr. Research wouldn’t know what to do if his child didn’t have the best recommended and safest – of course. I find myself feeling relieved over that b/c it really is overwhelming if you do not have a clue what to even start with. Do you go with a maximum weight of 22lbs or 30 lbs? Do you get the whole travel system with stroller or just the carrier? Do we get the carrier that is more recommended for my car or his car? There is no point in getting different ones that fit better in each care. Do we really need a stroller AND a jogger? Probably not, but those joggers are pretty cool. Oh – and by the way – why on God’s green earth did most of the infant carriers go back to the normal handles and not stick with the more ergonomic one’s? Yeah, let’s not get started on the bedding….
Here are few pictures of the ultrasound. Now that everyone knows, I will be updating a lot more frequently and will be keeping everyone up to date about our progress.

Bascially this is profile shot. Isn't that precious? What you are seeing is from the knee down. She is already a little southern belle.


0 comments: