Sunday, November 23, 2008

Always an adventure

It is always an adventure at the Lasseigne house. This past week we celebrated Stephen's birthday on Monday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY HONEY!)... he surprised me and brought home our glider that came arrived at the store. Here is a picture of it in the nursery. I love it!! It is so comfy, I could just rock in it allllllllllllllll day long.




On Tuesday, I had the pleasure of meeting one of my best friends new baby girl, Simone, she was born in September. She is such a beautiful baby and I can not wait to watch her grow up in to a wonderful little lady. Unfortunately they live in NOLA, but I still have high hopes that Simone and Baby Girl will become good friends. Her mom & I grew up together since high school, so it is a little interesting watching both of us step in to motherhood.


On Thursday we went to see the OB and start our bi-weekly appointments. Everything is going great. They are going to do an ultrasound this coming Tuesday to ease my anxiety a/b my belly seeming so small for 30 weeks. I will keep everyone update, of course. Afterwards we went to Babies R Us and got a few things for her nursery. Here is the progression, if you can't tell we are accenting with red.


Saturday we sat around, watched movies and put together some of Baby Girls toys (bouncy seat, jumparoo and swing). Sunday we started cleaning house and Stephen decided to re-caulk my shower doors and just kept going... to then discover that the tile was placed on top of wood (the joys of being in a home that is 40+ yrs old)... in a shower... so the wood was rotten and moldy. Here is a picture of the progress. We have been debating on making over that bathroom for a while know - but a few things have come up... i wonder what.

Baby Girl should weigh around 3.5lbs by now and be a little over 15.5 inches long. I am feeling good. I feel her move at least twice and hour. It is beginning to get progressively harder to bend over or getting up from sitting low or on the floor. It is pretty interesting feeling something "in the way" when i try to slouch over. It is a different "in the way" - almost feels like something is pushing in to your stomach as you bend forward. I am hungry all the time and Stephen often gets left out when it comes to cooking. There used to be a day that when i fixed something for myself i would fix him something. These days, i have a one track mind and that is "get me food and get me food now."

1 comments:

Unknown said...

guess papawnet,l.d. is going to have to paint the toy chest black, love ya all 3 l.d.